Pbbbbblt today!
1. I burned my thumb (second degree, it fucking sizzled) this morning. Spent a good amount of time with it in cold water. Hurts.
2. Last minute dinner for 7. I had planned on one Costco shortcut. But they no longer make the garlic bread at the bakery, so I'll have to make it myself. Which, you know, isn't hard, it just has to be done.
3. Lasagna. Since I'm short on time, I didn't make my own tomato sauce. I sauteed the Italian sausage and ground beef and dumped in two jars of my fave bought sauce. Except.... One of the reasons -ok, the main reason- I like this sauce is that it doesn't have many nasty chunks of tomato in it. When I make tomato sauce I start with tomato purée (or whole peeled tomatoes that I purée myself) because chunks are universally disliked 'round here. So this sauce was a hit the last time I used it, I just had to correct the seasonings a bit and didn't have to resort to my usual hack of running it through the food processor before using. Except... yeah, it changed. It's now full of nasty tomato chunks. Just spent the last half hour picking out as many as possible.
4. I made a cake. The "wets" were all mixed, I needed to add the baking soda to the flour etc. Grabbed the baking soda container. Which is glass. The lid wasn't completely on and it fell and shattered. I'd already started mixing the cake, so I checked and everything seemed ok and there were no little shards of glass among the baking soda on the counter (I of course used new baking soda in the cake, LOL). I finished making the cake, but lol, I'm not going to let anyone eat it! I will, but I can't serve it. Which annoys me because it's beautiful and smells delicious. I'd have started over from scratch but I had no more baked apples.
On the upside of today: Amy Klobuchar schooling the fuckwit Schmitt from Missouri. How bad a senator do you ave to be to make Josh Hawley the better MO senator?
1. I burned my thumb (second degree, it fucking sizzled) this morning. Spent a good amount of time with it in cold water. Hurts.
2. Last minute dinner for 7. I had planned on one Costco shortcut. But they no longer make the garlic bread at the bakery, so I'll have to make it myself. Which, you know, isn't hard, it just has to be done.
3. Lasagna. Since I'm short on time, I didn't make my own tomato sauce. I sauteed the Italian sausage and ground beef and dumped in two jars of my fave bought sauce. Except.... One of the reasons -ok, the main reason- I like this sauce is that it doesn't have many nasty chunks of tomato in it. When I make tomato sauce I start with tomato purée (or whole peeled tomatoes that I purée myself) because chunks are universally disliked 'round here. So this sauce was a hit the last time I used it, I just had to correct the seasonings a bit and didn't have to resort to my usual hack of running it through the food processor before using. Except... yeah, it changed. It's now full of nasty tomato chunks. Just spent the last half hour picking out as many as possible.
4. I made a cake. The "wets" were all mixed, I needed to add the baking soda to the flour etc. Grabbed the baking soda container. Which is glass. The lid wasn't completely on and it fell and shattered. I'd already started mixing the cake, so I checked and everything seemed ok and there were no little shards of glass among the baking soda on the counter (I of course used new baking soda in the cake, LOL). I finished making the cake, but lol, I'm not going to let anyone eat it! I will, but I can't serve it. Which annoys me because it's beautiful and smells delicious. I'd have started over from scratch but I had no more baked apples.
On the upside of today: Amy Klobuchar schooling the fuckwit Schmitt from Missouri. How bad a senator do you ave to be to make Josh Hawley the better MO senator?
no subject
Date: 2 Oct 2026 03:49 (UTC)no subject
Date: 7 Oct 2026 18:20 (UTC)